Monday, September 27, 2010

Daily Shoots - A Collection of Favorites

Daily Shoot 1

by Lindsay
I love black and white photography in general, but the idea of showing 'green foliage' without color was really interesting to me. There is little actual plant life in the picture, but I think an important part of nature is the environment it is in as well. The bike shadow is just really striking and I like the original take on foliage.

Daily Shoot 2

by Jim Groom
Nothing turns me back into a cooing five year old like an adorable baby, and this picture is just full of it. =D This picture and this one are also incredibly adorable!! Anyway, I thought the contrast between an adult and a child was an interesting take on the 'complimentary objects' prompt - no one else included anything alive in their posts, but if you think about it, there really isn't anything more complimentary than family. =]

Daily Shoot 3

by Edward
I really enjoyed this picture because of the 1) pig and 2) the framing is really cool. I love the actual look into the jean pocket, and the contrasts between what is in focus and what isn't is really captivating to me. The colors, though there aren't many, are very vibrant in this picture.

Daily Shoot 4

by Jim Groom
MEOW! Something about this picture just kind of exemplifies cats to me - the whole attitude of 'guh what are you doing to me just let me alone and let me sleep somewhere warm' is entertaining to me, and yet they can get away with being that way. haha. I think this picture captivates that attitude in addition to deliciously softness that is cute animal fur. A feline looking anywhere but the camera, held against a gorgeously blue sky - yeah, I love it.

Daily Shoot 5

by Sadie
Again with the black and white pictures, and again I love it. The slightly out of frame, simple environment of your car, half face in half out is just so pretty.

Daily Shoot 6

by Stephanie
I particularly enjoyed this picture because of the story that is promises to become. Stephanie says she is working on making a porcelain doll, and this picture shows just one step of many along this journey. It makes me really want to see her finished product.

Daily Shoot 7

by Gretchen
I really liked this picture because as soon as I saw it, I thought of the Hogwarts library in Harry Potter. =] Secondly, I really like antiquey stuff and dark wood, and this picture really captured both of these things.

Daily Shoot 8

by Lindsay
This shot was my favorite because it didn't focus on just books like most of the other ones, but it also showed a diversity of lines and handwriting. I love handwritten things a lot more than typed ones, and the variety of colors and textures in this picture really appealed to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment