Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Daily Shoot 6 - Chaos and Beauty

I have always loved getting mail - I write letters more often than emails by far. I think the USPS is a wonderful thing and I love postmen. When I checked my campus mail today, I looked through my box into the mailroom on the other side. I do this everyday, just because I think it is so fun in there - all the packages and letters and notes people are receiving. I love it! So I took a picture of the mailroom through my box to show the chaos that seems to perpetually exist, and yet the love that comes from taking the time to write something down and send it to someone.


"Communicate chaos, disorganization or messiness in a photograph. Find some beauty in it."

9 comments:

  1. I think this is one of my favorite images so far because you actually took the shot through your mailbox. What a cool, creative way to frame the shot and depict the scene! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really cool since it is through the mailbox! I never would have thought to do that! very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel a bit violated considering that you took a picture of my workplace...the idea of someone taking a picture through their mailbox is unnerving, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is, by far, the best chaotic picture I've seen so far (IMO). I also love your text about the importance of a written note and I totally agree. Mail is the best! I wish I could say, like you, that I write more notes than e-mails-- I'll make a point of it at least for the week.

    What I love the most about the picture is how the mailroom is reflected by the mailbox itself-- it makes it look like it goes on forever

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love the frame for this as well, and the way your mailbox reflects the chaos while at the same time framing it gives this an image a depth we really haven;t seen in any of the images yet. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of those shots that I am WAY jealous of, just because I wish I had thought of it! Wonderful perspective and great imagination. I love that your view sort of contains the scene, or at least tries to. Awesome!
    :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that you took this shot through the mailbox! This is so creative! and I have to agree getting mail is Suh-weet! It really make you feel special :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having taken the picture through the mail slot is such a brilliant idea! I feel like this picture embodies the essence of the mailroom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. [...] The chaos shot of the mail room! The way Morgan shot this through one of the mailboxes was so cool! I knew exactly which one I was going to pick for [...]

    ReplyDelete