Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Obsession

Soooo . . . . obsessions. I tend to have quite a few of those, depending on my mood and the time of year. I am probably going to do a shortened list.

1) Harry Potter. Clearly. I started reading the books when I was about 9, and have been in love ever since. Midnight book premiers, daily quoting, movie marathons, Halloween costumes, yeah I do it all. As you might expect, I AM SUPER BEYOND EXCITED THRILLED ABOUT TO POOP MY PANTS WITH ANTICIPATION for the next movie release tomorrow night. Yes, I will be attending the midnight showing and I have had my tickets for weeks. My current fb status and profile picture both have to do with the movie release, and I have a grey and yellow striped sweater that makes me feel like I am in hufflepuff that I wear to make me happy. =] Here is where my super nerdiness comes in; I have already spent hours with Harry Potter fanfiction. I have always loved reading, and with a world as expansive and diverse at Harry Potter, there are some amazingly written, superbly detailed fanfictions out there. Me gusta mucho.

2) Chipotle. I know it's a restaurant, but you don't even understand the number of times a day the thought 'I want some chipotle, mmmmmm' goes through my head.

3) Weddings. Maybe this one is a little weird, but I just love weddings. I love going to weddings, I love looking at pictures of weddings, I daydream planning my wedding. They are just so much fun, and really, the ultimate outlet for creativity, in my opinion. =] My favorite TV show is Say Yes to the Dress and until this current season, I think I have seen every episode. I also really like Four Weddings, Bridezilla (for shits and giggles), and any movie that has a wedding in it. Basically. The Knot is one of my favorite websites and sometimes I watch wedding videos if I am in a bad mood. Creepystalker? Maybe. But I just love love. =]

4) Chicken. Have you ever eaten chicken? Enough said.


So, technically, only one of those is the 'book/film/movie/art/music' that we were told to post about, but judging from the number of thoughts I have and the percentage of which those four take up, I would definitely consider them all obsessions. =] End gushing here.

11 comments:

  1. I have sadly never read the Harry Potter books and I so regret that whenever a new movie comes out and I can't be as excited about it as the rest of the population!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love HP. I am ashamed to say that I haven't read the last one yet... does this mean I should wait to see the movie?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um father of the bride used to be my FAVORITE movie and I was *obsessed* with weddings all of the time! So either it's not weird at all or we're both just really crazy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We either need a new Progressive party, or we need the Progressive Caucus to seize control of the Democratic party and instill some discipline where there presently is none. New Rule #1: If you vote against the party on core issues, YOU’RE OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAY back when, the studios had to dissolve their vertical monopolies: they owned production studios, distribution companies and theater chains. They divested themselves of the theater chains, and largely kept the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. People will differ with me, but I think that the President is trying to look out for least of us here at the expense of fiscal discipline. You can armchair quarterback about how this fight should've gone down, but the GOP has made clear that they don't care about spending has long as they get their goodies. I'm keeping the faith for now and I predict you will see the fight renewed in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought this was part of the deal to get all the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the wealthy? along with DADT repealed? NO?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you know how to write a really nice post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I just say what a reduction to search out someone who truly knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how one can carry a difficulty to light and make it important. More folks must read this and understand this aspect of the story. I cant imagine youre no more well-liked because you definitely have the gift.

    ReplyDelete